Job Opportunity: Development and Communications Coordinator
By CWS on in EMPLOYMENT, Featured
Position: Development & Communications Coordinator
Status: Permanent, exempt , 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Hours: Primarily weekdays, some evenings and weekends required
Compensation: Annual base salary $35,000
Responsible to: Director of Development and Communications
Clackamas Women’s Services:
Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS) was incorporated in 1985 as Clackamas County’s first shelter for women and children escaping family violence and domestic abuse. CWS’ service delivery framework is built on trauma-informed best practices that promote safety and self-determination. Our vision is to live in a society that no longer tolerates domestic and sexual violence, but rather thrives on mutual respect.
CWS offers comprehensive, responsive solutions for adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, the sex industry, and elder abuse. Through our confidential emergency shelter, our rural outreach office and A Safe Place Family Justice Center, CWS coordinates services with other public and private agencies in order to best serve survivors seeking help. Participants in our programs receive no-cost services by highly trained staff.
Purpose of the Position:
The CWS Development Team is responsible for all of the private fundraising and resource development for the organization. Key components are major gifts, foundation grants, corporate and civic philanthropy, and in-kind donations. Fundraising from private sources accounts for as much as 35% of the agency budget.
The purpose of the Development and Communications Coordinator is to cultivate CWS’ broader donor base to steward a pipeline of committed, long-term donors and new major donors. This is accomplished by building lasting, meaningful relationships between CWS and its donors. This position assists the Director of Development in moves management and message development.
- Data entry, donor acknowledgement, and donor relationship tracking
- Coordinating direct mail program
- Cultivating and upgrading mid-level donors
- Coordinating in-kind donation program
- Coordinating social media presence
- Coordinating periodic traditional media coverage
- Participate with Development Team in annual planning
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director as requested;
- Participate in trainings and workshops as appropriate;
- Coordinate website and internal processes for website changes and updates;
- Supports all special events through attendance of planning meetings, executing assigned administrative duties, involvement in set-up/take down and attendance of events;
- Minimum of twelve months of fundraising experience (or equivalent);
- Demonstrated success in fundraising activities, including:
- Annual giving programs
- Direct mail appeals
- Special events
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Must be self-motivated and detailed oriented;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn the skills necessary to design and develop fundraising program;
- Computer proficiency required, including working knowledge of CRM Systems;
- Able to pass a background check as a condition of employment
- All CWS staff are required to complete a 40-hr training provided by the agency.
- Reliable motorized vehicle, driver’s license and auto insurance.
Please reply to Chris Wilhite at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Position open until filled.
Clackamas Women’s Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*As noted in CWS Personnel Policies: any job may be reclassified at any time.