Job Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
By CWS on in EMPLOYMENT, Featured
Position: Administrative Assistant
Status: Permanent, non-exempt, full-time (40 hours/week)
Hours: Primarily weekdays, some evenings and weekends required
Compensation: Starting rate: $13.00 per hour
Responsible to: Director of Development and Communications
Clackamas Women’s Services:
Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS) was incorporated in 1985 as Clackamas County’s first shelter for women and children escaping family violence and domestic abuse. CWS’ service delivery framework is built on trauma-informed best practices that promote safety and self-determination. Our vision is to live in a society that no longer tolerates domestic and sexual violence, but rather thrives on mutual respect.
CWS offers comprehensive, responsive solutions for adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, the sex industry, and elder abuse. Through our confidential emergency shelter, our rural outreach office and A Safe Place Family Justice Center, CWS coordinates services with other public and private agencies in order to best serve survivors seeking help. Participants in our programs receive no-cost services by highly trained staff.
Purpose of the Position:
The Administrative Assistant will support the Development Team and the Executive Director through day-to-day administrative tasks. The CWS Development Team is responsible for all of the private fundraising and resource development for the organization. Key components are major gifts, foundation grants, corporate and civic philanthropy, and in-kind donations. Fundraising from private sources accounts for as much as 35% of the agency budget.
- Donation data entry and donor acknowledgement;
- Coordinating in-kind donation program;
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director and Deputy Director as requested;
- Provide agency administrative support, including scheduling, note-taking, preparing agendas, attending planning meetings.
- Participate with Development Team in annual planning;
- Field requests, track donor relationships, and manage calendar for Executive Director (ED);
- Regularly pick up coin donation from Clackamas Town Center, prepare for and make deposit;
- Participate in trainings and workshops as appropriate;
- Support community engagement activities, including civic events, or local fundraisers, as assigned;
- Supports all special events through attendance of planning meetings, executing assigned administrative duties, involvement in set-up/take down and attendance of events;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Must be self-motivated and detailed oriented;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Computer proficiency required; Able to pass a background check as a condition of employment;
- All CWS staff are required to complete a 40-hr training provided by the agency;
- Reliable motorized vehicle, driver’s license and auto insurance.
Clackamas Women’s Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*As noted in CWS Personnel Policies: any job may be reclassified at any time.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.