Job Opportunity: Latina Advocate
By CWS on in EMPLOYMENT, Featured
Position: Latina Advocate/Manejadora de Casos
Status: Permanent, Non-exempt, Full Time
Pay: Beginning wage: $16.00 per hour; benefits available first of the month following date of hire
Hours: Primarily weekdays and some evenings
Responsible To: Community Based Program Director
– We take into account the fact that advocates with bilingual/bicultural competencies provide an additional and essential value to our organization and increase our starting wage accordingly for BL/BC advocates. This increase is reflected in the rate listed above.
About Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS)
Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS) was incorporated in 1985 as Clackamas County’s first shelter for women and children escaping family violence and domestic abuse. CWS’ service delivery framework is built on trauma-informed best practices that promote safety and self-determination. Our vision is to live in a society that no longer tolerates domestic and sexual violence, but rather thrives on mutual respect.
CWS offers comprehensive, responsive solutions for adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, the sex industry, and elder abuse. Through our confidential emergency shelter, our rural outreach office, the DHS branches and A Safe Place Family Justice Center, CWS coordinates services with other public and private agencies in order to best serve survivors seeking help. Participants in our programs receive no-cost services by highly trained staff.
Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS) fueron incorporados en 1985 como el primer albergue del condado de Clackamas para las mujeres y los niños escapando de la violencia familiar y el abuso doméstico. El marco de prestación de servicios de CWS se basa en las mejores prácticas basadas en trauma, que promueven la seguridad y la autodeterminación. Nuestra visión es vivir en una sociedad que ya no tolera la violencia doméstica ó sexual, sino que se nutre del respeto mutuo.
CWS ofrece soluciones integrales y sensibles para adultos y niños afectados por agresión sexual, violencia doméstica, acoso, la industria del sexo y el abuso de ancianos. A través de nuestro refugio confidencial de emergencia, nuestra oficina de extensión rural y un centro de justicia familiar de Lugar Seguro, CWS coordina los servicios con otras agencias públicas y privadas con el fin de servir mejor a los sobrevivientes que buscan ayuda. Los participantes en nuestros programas reciben servicios sin costo por personal altamente capacitado.
The Latina Advocate position is responsible for providing crisis intervention, case management, advocacy, and support services to Latina participants accessing services at the Family Justice Center.
La posición de Abogada Latina es responsable de proveer intervención en crisis, manejo de casos, abogacia y servicios de apoyo a participantes latinas que acceden a servicios en el Centro de Justicia Familiar.
- Provide support to Latina survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Provide advocacy and systems navigation to Latina survivors accessing services at the Family Justice Center, and make warm hand-offs to other on-site partners.
- Provide legal advocacy for Latina survivors including assistance with Temporary Restraining Orders and Stalking orders and court accompaniment via video court at the family justice center and courthouse.
- Support Latina survivors referred to services by the High Risk Team.
- Respond to Lethality Assessment Protocol calls with appropriate services, as needed.
- Provide the following support to survivors:
– Short-term, crisis intervention services
– Emotional support
– Safety planning
– Assessment of participant needs, strengths and challenges
– Assist with individualized goal-setting
– Information and referral for community resources
– Domestic violence and sexual assault education
– Provide accompaniment and transportation to participants in agency vehicle
- Facilitate support groups as requested.
- Provide occasional support to the Latina Services Coordinator at events targeting outreach to the Latina community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Represent the mission and values of CWS to program participants and community partners.
- Complete documentation of all services, including intakes, releases of information, demographics tracking and statistics within the CWS database for all participants on a minimum of a weekly basis.
- Maintain appropriate participant confidentiality in accordance with advocate privilege and federal statutes.
- Provide consultation and support for community partners through collaboration and information sharing regarding the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault and its impact on survivors.
- Work in conjunction with other staff to provide consistent services to participants.
- Participate in speaking engagements and educational trainings as requested.
- Attend CWS all staff meetings, monthly Latina Leadership team, and regular team meetings.
- Meet regularly with the Community Based Program Director to plan and prioritize projects.
- Submit necessary monthly timesheets and mileage reimbursement forms. Manage daily schedule appropriately.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) and bi-culturally competent.
- Experience working with a broad range of issues affecting Latinos in the community in particular understanding of dynamics of domestic/sexual violence and how it affects the Latino community.
- Experience supporting survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault. Case management or advocacy based experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and sexual violence and its effects on survivors, their children and society.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems of oppression, ability to work effectively and non-judgmentally with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and understanding of culturally competent service delivery.
- Ability to work collaboratively with systems outside of domestic and sexual violence field.
- Reliable transportation required, position includes use of personal vehicle to complete some tasks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.